The Port Arthur Historic Site Management Authority (PAHSMA) is continuing to closely monitor the impacts and spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
Your safety is our priority and we are taking every precaution to ensure our site is COVID Safe. We are an accredited COVID Clean practicing business.
Our teams are taking every precaution to ensure a safe and healthy environment for our visitors, staff and community. We ask everyone to adhere to safe social distancing and gathering instructions whilst enjoying our World Heritage Sites.
If you have an enquiry please contact us.
We have implemented our COVID-Safe Plan for the Coal Mines Historic Site which includes:
- Installation of soap dispensers in the toilets.
- An increased cleaning regime for the toilets.
- Closure of some areas to ensure compliance with Tasmanian Government social distancing guidelines.
- Installation of COVID Safe signage in key locations throughout the site.
- Ensuring our staff exercise due diligence with best practice personal hygiene.
How you can help us all to stay safe:
- Please do not visit the site if you have been instructed to self-isolate.
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
- Maintain social distancing of at least 1.5 metre (5 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Refrain from handshakes or hugs.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid touching signage, handrails and heritage fabric around the site.
- Practice good respiratory hygiene by covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately.
- Stay home if you feel unwell. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek phone your doctor or health direct 1800 022 222.
For the latest advice, information and resources about coronavirus, go to the Australian Government Department of Health website at www.health.gov.au and follow the link from the homepage.
For general information about coronavirus, including the national response, call the National Coronavirus Information Line on 1800 020 080 (24 hours, 7 days). If you require translating or interpreting services, call 131 450.