From the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Port Arthur Historic Site Management Authority (PAHSMA) has put the health and safety of our staff and visitors as our top priority. Based on our site risk assessement and public health advice, we are implementing new measures to keep our sites safe. This means that all staff and visitors to the Coal Mines Historic Site over the age of 12 years will be required to comply with the following safety measures:
- Must demonstrate proof of vaccination to enter the site.
- Wear facemasks whilst on PAHSMA sites; unless demonstrated medically exempt through the presentation of valid evidence.
- Check in at each location using the Check In Tas App. If you do not have a smart phone, we can help you to check-in manually either using your personal Tas Check In Card or hard copy sign in sheets.
- Maintain social distancing of at least 1.5 metres away from others
- Abide by room and building capacity limits on display
- Maintain good personal hygiene by washing your hands regularly and thoroughly and/or using hand sanitiser;
- Maintain good respiratory hygiene by coughing or sneezing into your elbow or a tissue, and then disposing of tissues immediately and appropriately;
- Stay at home if feeling unwell and get tested for COVID-19 if experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms.
Proof of vaccination or medical exemption may be presented on request by PAHSMA staff as a condition of entry through a COVID-19 digital certificate (either from myGov or the Check in TAS app), Immunisation History Statement from the Australian Immunisation Register, or an equivalent document from another country.
Thank you for helping us to keep our sites and our community safe.
Further information can be found here